Scuole di Specializzazione di riferimento del DSCB
School of Specialization in Clinical Pathology and Biochemistry
Basic educational objectives are to acquire:
- General knowledge including methodological aspects on analytical chemistry, biological chemistry, molecular biology, general pathology and medical statistics.
- Skills in the use of cellular and molecular biology applied to automated clinical biochemistry and clinical pathology diagnostics.
- Theoretical, practical and managerial skills in high specialization laboratories of immunology, immunopathology and oncology,
- The theoretical, practical and managerial decision-making skills that are needed to manage a medical laboratory
Educational objectives of the school are to acquire:
- Skills in the diagnostics of all conditions of pathophysiology and human pathology, including drug abuse, reproductive medicine, diving & marine medicine and sports medicine.
- The methodological skills needed to work with the analytical instruments (including complex tools) used in diagnostics. Special focus is placed on the techniques of collection, preservation and processing of biological samples, all of which are necessary for setting up bio-banks. -skills in laboratory diagnostics in oncology.
- Skills in the field of preventive and predictive medicine.
- Skills in immune-hematological diagnoses for transfusion therapy, in handling blood, and in the management of blood components and blood products.
- The methodological and diagnostic skills for identifying blood cells (including the separation and typing of stem cells) for experimental and therapeutic use.
- Skills in the use and development of equipment in Clinical Pathology and Clinical Biochemistry laboratories for the synthesis of molecules to be used as biological probes to identify bacteria, viruses and parasites.
- Skills in planning, diagnosis, validation, quality control and clinical use of gene therapy and cell therapy.
- Skills to perform molecular genetics testing for genetic diseases and in forensic medicine.
- Skills in planning, diagnosis and typing, testing, validation, quality control and clinical use of transplantation medicine.
- Skills in biological monitoring for occupational medicine, hygiene and public health, in space medicine, and in assessing the overall impact of pollution.
- The basics of laboratory safety and waste disposal.
- Skills related to legislation, safety and management of laboratory medicine, medical ethics and professional deontology.
- Skills in the field of public health and health management from a laboratory medicine perspective.
- Skills and procedures for quality control, taking into account national and international regulations.